I am working with a rapidly expanding DIY Retailer who continue to develop business and open stores throughout Germany, their growth in the last 3 years has been swift as they continue to expand their market share. As part of this growth they are currently recruiting an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their team in the Head Office just outside Frankfurt.
Buyer - Retail Sector - Consumer Electronics
As an experienced Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for handling the purchasing function for a specific range of products. You will manage a large vendor network including negotiation in order to reduce costs and get the best price on each item.
This role is varied and a strong organisational and administrative background is the key to success.
• Responsible for managing all purchasing functions for a specific Category
• Cost saving and budgeting for a specific range of products
• Review purchasing decisions, orders and vendor contracts
• Work closely with other departments such as operations, supply chain and marketing
• Negotiate purchase terms with suppliers
• Creation of new product ranges, through market and competitor analysis
• Lead a team of two direct reports
• Management reporting
• Speak and write Fluent English and German
• Previous experience in a fast paced purchasing role ideally from DIY, Retail or FMCG
• Excellent client negotiation skills
• Experience in working across an organisation to ensure excellent communication
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and international environment
Are you interested in this opportunity?
If you fulfil the requirements please send me your CV today. For further questions please contact Emma Brady (+49 69 219 320) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org