Are you a postgrad in Chemistry, Physics or Materials Science, or similar with experience in particle characterisation or laser diffraction ?
Do you enjoy presenting your research finds as much as solving problems using your scientific acumen ?
Would you like to join a leading scientific technologies organisation to combine these skills whilst supporting global scientific organisations improve their research ?
If so, Euro London Appointments is currently recruiting for just such a globally renowned innovator of scientific technologies, that are widely respected in scientific research organisations for the quality and range of precision instrumentation they offer their clients.
To ensure a high quality of service support for their product range of Laser diffraction and Analytical Imaging specialized products a Technical Specialist with a talent for logical problem solving as well as strong presentational skills to join their team aimed at providing specific service and support you global clients on these product ranges.
You will join a medium sized, friendly and welcoming team with a passion for science and laser/imaging technologies providing a combination or pre-sales and post-sales support as well as testing new developed devices and delivering seminars and lectures on new and existing product ranges, in the UK , wider Europe and globally ?
If this sounds of interest to you , why not read on ?
*To identify and understand application areas for our client's laser diffraction systems and analytical imaging technology.
* To provide feedback on those applications into the laser diffraction/analytical imaging program of customers' needs and requirements that result from the various customer interactions and encountered problems;
* To provide sales support by visiting sales outlets and customers, both in the UK and overseas as required and to diligently document and circulate reports on such visits;
* Creating product support material (application notes, technical notes, Brainsharks, WebEx, articles, blogs, FAQ's and material for use on the Web Site) to improve the communication to the market and our client's wider organization in support of diffraction products business objectives;
* To prepare and provide lectures, publish scientific papers and present seminars at an advanced level to our subsidiaries, agents, distributors, direct sales team and the end-users;
*Liaison with 3rd party suppliers in order to resolve customer applications to support sales success.
*To help with the alpha and beta testing of hardware and software
*To develop and provide specialist training, advice and guidance to customers and sales organisations on particle characterization relating to the best use of our client's laser diffraction products.
* To assist the solving of technical problems and issues with our customers and products;
* To work closely with the relevant product managers and territory sales specialists to ensure they are aware of latest applications and product/software capabilities;
* To work in close liaison with the Applications Supervisor and relevant Applications Specialists to ensure that analysis of laser diffraction samples are carried out in a timely fashion.
* A Post Doctorate with a relevant physical science degree (Chemistry , Materials Sciences or Physics for example) and/or demonstrable practical experience in the field of particle characterization. Experience in laser diffraction and/or image analysis is desirable.
Skills & Experience
* A proven ability at problem solving; with strong logical and analytical skills.
* Excellent communication skills coupled with an ability to instil confidence in the receiver. If you enjoy communicating as much as researching problems this could be the opportunity for you !
* Good listening skills and the ability to translate what a customer says into what they need;
* A proven ability to coherently write and present scientific papers as well as being able to explain complex subjects into a form acceptable to different levels of stakeholders.
*Able to travel up to one week a month for UK and international pre and post sales product range support.
* A requirement to be computer literate with Microsoft Office software;
* A knowledge of a programming language such as BASIC would be an advantage;
* Knowledge or experience of any of the following application areas of the particle characterisation market would be an advantage; Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Advanced Materials, Minerals, Metals and Mining.
*Any second language in addition to English is beneficial but not essential.
In return our client can offer an immensely varied and multi-faceted position combining analytical as well as interpersonal and support responsibilities. In this position you will continually face new challenges in a supportive , stable and welcoming team who are at the forefront of client support for this world leading product range. You will have opportunities to learn, travel and grow your career within the organization.